Monday, June 7, 2010

Grocery Target Prices

A friend had asked me recently what my target prices were for some of the groceries that I shopped for the most. I set out to think about that more closely today but realized, that was quite the question. It really depends on the time of year for certain foods (i.e. vegetables or meats), whether it's been on sale alot recently or I have not seen it drop in price in a long time. A lot can change for certain foods. But in general, here's about what I shoot for when it comes to shopping for certain foods. I didn't rate any vegetables because it's so drastically different throughout the year. Say, if corn is in season, you'll probably find it for about $.10/ear but in December, it may be $.75/ear. These prices are where I would give them an A rating. Take them as you will :)


Cereal: $.50/box
Fresh Chicken Breasts: $1.75/lb
Frozen Chicken Breasts: $1.50/lb
Whole Chickens: $.75/lb
Pork:
Spare Ribs: $.99/lb
Pork Loin: $1.75/lb
Pork Chops: $1/lb depending on cut
Bone-in Ham: $1.50/lb
Bacon: $.99/lb
Beef
Ground Beef: 80%- $1.25-$1.50/lb
90%- $1.75/lb
Sirloin Steaks: under $2.50/lb
Ribeyes or New York Strip: under $5/lb
Prime Rib: under $5/lb
Hot dogs: All beef- under $2, Franks- under $1
Soda: Less than $2 for a 12 pk; $.50-$.75 for 2 liters
Eggs: 12 ct- $.75, 18 ct- under $1
Butter: $1.50/lb
Milk: $1.75/gal

No comments:

Post a Comment