Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Weekly Grocery Store Posts

So many people have asked me to start reviewing grocery store ads so that they can see exactly how I get my deals and where they can too. I will oblige. Here's how I will be grading all store deals and a list of abbreviations for future reference. Now you too can get in on the fantastic deals and stop wasting your money on high grocery prices! If you have questions or don't understand something, please leave a comment and I'll do my best to answer it. Ready to get started?

Grocery Pricing System:
A: STOCK UP! You won't find that this price comes around often at all.
B: A great price but one you'll see a few times a year. Stock up if you're out.
C: It's a standard sale price, you won't miss out if you don't buy it. You'll see it again soon.
D: You can find this price anywhere, even without a "sale". Don't worry about buying it unless you need it.
F: Don't waste your time or money :)

Abbreviations:
SS: Smartsource. This is one of the coupon inserts from the Sunday paper. If you only do one thing to get coupons, subscribe to the Sunday paper. It's like $35 for the whole year and you'll reap that tenfold in you savings.
RP: RedPlum. Another coupon insert that comes in the Sunday paper
P&G: Proctor and Gamble. Another coupon insert from the paper
MQ: Manufacturer Coupon
B1G1: Buy one, get one free
IP: Internet Printable Coupon
OOP: Money paid "Out of Pocket"
$1/1, $1/2: Amount off per item purchased ($1 off off one, $1 off of 2, etc)
YMMV: Your milage may vary (meaning different stores may carry different pricing. Ex: Clearance items)

So here's just a few things to get you (and I) started. I will add to this list as it become necessary. Happy Shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment