Saturday, May 22, 2010

My Shopping Week

I had an extremely frustrating week of shopping. We needed a lot to restock from vacation so I went to 6 stores this week because I was not about to pay full price for anything if I could help it! At 4 of the 6 stores, I ended up at customer service for one reason or another. It seemed like none of the deals were going right for me! Target especially frustrated me because they refused to honor their own coupon policy and I ended up paying double what I thought for 100-calorie pack cookies. The rest of the stores, sometimes after extensive arguing, honored all my coupons and refunded me the money. So here's my question of the week. When do you say it's just not worth it? Every one of the mistakes on my bill were over $2 (one was as high as $8) but would that be worth it to you? Would you spend the time to recover $2? I haven't learned how to let it go yet. If I know I'm right, I'll fight it out to the death :) It's my $2 and I want it!
That really wasn't what this post was supposed to be about :) I was going to show you what I got! Here it is! Like I said, we needed alot this week so I spent more than I usually do. A whopping $41.57!

Safeway
2-2liters of 7-up
4 Honest Teas

King Soopers
2 Half gallons of Almond Milk
1 Half gallon 2% milk
1 Surf Laundry detergent
1 All Laundry detergent
1 6-pack Dannon yogurt
2 Oikos Greek Yogurt (not pictured)

Target (head HERE for a list of Target deals!)
4 boxes Nabisco 100-calorie cookies
2 packs BIC pens
1 7th Generation dishsoap
1 package nail files
2 Jergens healthy glow lotions
1 bag sugar snap peas (not pictured)
2 lbs of sugar (not pictured)

Rancho Liborio (a mexican market here in town that I haven't started reviewing yet but they do have some incredible produce prices! Go HERE to check out their sales)
1 cucumber
1 bunch cilantro
1 package cheese
1 lb roma tomatoes
1 lb zucchini
1 bag homemade mexican chips (not pictured)
1 head iceberg lettuce (not pictured)

Albertsons
1 canteloupe
4 boxes of cereal
2 dozen eggs

Walmart
1 package turkey burgers
3 corn-on-the-cob
2 hard rolls
5 lbs of flour (not pictured)
1 lb of butter
1/2 lb of American cheese
1 onion (not pictured)

I think that's most of it. I have a feeling I'm forgetting some of the Walmart stuff but I can't find the receipt at the moment. But you get the gist. I got alot! And I'm DONE shopping for a while. It was exhausting!

No comments:

Post a Comment