Monday, May 24, 2010

Getting back on track

We got back from a wonderful week at Disney World last week and I must admit, I gained a pound and a half. I was going to be so good! I mean, come on, Disney has it's very fine qualities but food isn't one of them. A couple of restaurants shine (Jiko, at the Animal Kingdom Lodge, is one of my favorites) but most I could pass up and not feel like I missed out at all. My one downfall is the Earl of Sandwich. With only two locations in the world (London and Orlando), a trip back to Disney is really a trip back to Earl of Sandwich for our family. But that's not what did me in. My mom and I shared a sandwich both times we ventured there! It was the lack of exercise. Even walking miles and miles around the Disney property wasn't enough exercise to keep that pound at bay. So, here I am, eight days after getting back, and I'm hopping back on that elliptical. My words of encouragment to you this week are: get back up! Don't quit just because you fell off track for a while. I'm striving to meet my goals and the motto for this site, a healthier lifestyle. Let's stay disciplined together :)

No comments:

Post a Comment