Thursday, May 6, 2010

How to stay fit away from home?

My family is headed to sunny Florida this next week and I was looking for ways to stay fit and still exercising away from my gym (goodbye 24 Fitness! I'll miss you!). Here's some ideas for you as we approach summer vacation and those trips away from home lead you astray.

1. Make a schedule
I love lists and schedules! I find great satisfaction from crossing over a "to-do" item. A vacation schedule keeps me motivated and on track with my fitness goals. It doesn't need to be detailed. Just a little reminder that you need to give yourself an hour or so to work off those cheeseburgers you've eaten (or in my case, those sandwiches from my favorite Disney restaurant, Earl of Sandwich).

2. Find a gym in your network
I'm a member of 24 Fitness and fortunately (or unfortunately, maybe) there are gyms all around the country. Find out if the gym you belong to has a branch in the area you are traveling to. I know 24 Fitness, Gold's Gym, and the YMCA are everywhere!

3. Stick to your calorie counting!
This is one area I tend to let go while vacationing. I can easily to led astray with all the restaurant eating that happens when away from home. But I've made a commitment to myself that I will not gain weight this next week. It's okay with me not to lose anything but gaining is NOT an option. Not this trip :)

4. Pack easy to do exercise equipment
Bring an exercise DVD (already on iTunes for me!). Or pack those resistance bands. I've got tons of them from physical therapy as I'm a clutz and spend a lot of time in rehabilation with my ankles :)

Hopefully this has helped you a little for the start of summer vacation. I'll be back in a couple days to give you tips on saving money during vacation. Have fun and remember to relax and have a good time! Bon Voyage!

No comments:

Post a Comment