Saturday, May 18, 2013

My first week



Well, the first week of my summer is coming to a close. Boy, did it go by fast! I didn't do a ton of my bucket list but that's ok. Don't need to get it all done the first week! That would be no fun at all! But here's a few things I did accomplish!

1. I got all my plants in the ground, except for the eggplant. Not sure where I'm going to put that yet! But it's looking so nice! I hope I don't lose too much of it. Sometimes hail wipes out my whole garden or they have been known to go into shock or something and die :) Peppers are on the left and I think parsley is on the right?



2. I made a new recipe. I made this recipe for Vanilla Pound Cake from Martha Stewart. It was ok. My mom ended up bringing it to work with strawberries and whipped cream. I thought it was too dense. I probably won't make it again.

3. I read two new books. Might have to revise my book count for the summer. I'm flying through! I read Catching Fire and Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins, which are part of the Hunger Games Trilogy. They're teen fiction, which is why I flew threw those books. Read them in just a couple of days. I liked Catching Fire but I got bored about 1/4 of the way through Mockingjay. But the movie is coming out this fall and I wanted to read them before seeing it. I think that's a good thing to do!

That's about it. How was your week of summer? If you're in school, are you out yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment