Thursday, March 25, 2010

Couponing

I love to coupon. It gives me great joy to walk out of King Soopers or Safeway with bags of groceries and pay next to nothing. And I love to share it with others as well! This is why I'm going to detail a little bit more of how I do it. It really has saved me and my family a bunch of money. I'm going to estimate about $500 since October. If you have any questions or want me to walk you through something in more detail, please leave me a comment and I'll be glad to do that. I'm here to help you save as well!

Where do you get coupons?
1. Newspapers: They usually only come in the Sunday paper so that's all I subscribe to. It was like $30 for a year's worth of Saturday and Sunday papers. If you don't want to subscribe, then just pick up one at the gas station on Sunday.
2. Online: www.coupons.com and www.smartsource.com are my primary sources of online coupons. If a specific sale is going on at target, they have some on www.target.com as well. And sometimes it's just specific manufacturers sites. It all depends on the sale.
3. Online "Clubs": I'm a member of www.vocalpoint.com and Pssst, a club with General Foods that gives it's members previews to new items coming out in the future. I get high value coupons (over $1) and free samples of foods all the time. In exchange, I fill out a quick survey or review of the product.

How do you know when these bargains are available?
Alot of my planning is done with the help of www.springsbargains.com and www.bargainblessings.com. I've talked about these sites before but let me emphasize again how invaluable these two blogs are to my shopping. If you haven't already done so, please check them out. They walk me through all of the grocery ads every week and let me know where coupons can be found. They also keep me updated on other specials or events going on in the city.

No comments:

Post a Comment