Thursday, March 11, 2010

Another Successful Trip


Ok, this is probably the best day of my life. Well, maybe not but I pulled my parents out of bed to witness my glorious triumph. No joke. Just ask them! Safeway's food deals this week are spectacular. They just PAID me $.82 to take almost $51 worth of food home tonight. This a first for me. Bask in my awesomeness.

I've never been handed cold hard cash for groceries before. I've heard of such things but it's never personally happened to me. Until today that is! Here's how I did it. (A complete list of Safeway's deals and other promotions can be found at bargainblessings.com; I'm too lazy to write them all down and that's not really what my blog is about). I tried to blow up my receipt the best I could but it got a bit blurry. It says I saved 102% off my purchase.
That's the $.82 they paid me. This makes me happy.

Safeway Promotion #1: Buy 5 qualifying Kelloggs, Post, or Betty Crocker Items; Get $5 instant savings

1. Post Raisin Bran Cereal: $1.50 (-$2 coupon) FREE; I bought 2

2. Kelloggs Fruit Snacks: $1 (I had two different coupons. One, a $1.50 off and one a $1 off) FREE, I bought 2

3. Nature Valley Clusters: $1.50 (-$1 coupon) $.50; I bought 1

Safeway Promotion #2: Buy 5, Save $5 on Marie's Pourable Dressings, Eat Right Salad Mixes, POM Teas, or 8 oz Mushrooms

1. Maries Pourable Dressings: .99 ea (-$1 coupon) FREE I bought 4 as that is all the coupons I could print.

2. Eat Right Spring Mix Salad: .99 ea I bought 1

Safeway Promotion #3: Buy $25 worth of qualifying frozen foods, get a $10 off coupon for your next purchase. I did this on Monday so I already had a $10 off coupon. See my post below.

So far, the 10 items above have cost me $1.50. But keep reading!

The rest of my order included:

1. 2.29 lbs of cabbage at $.29/lb: $.66

2. 3.87lbs of corned beef at $1.29/lb: $5.07

3. 3 Banquet Turkey Potpies at $.69/ea: $2.07

4. Barilla Pasta: .88ea (-$1 coupon): +.12 moneymaker

So: $1.50 + $.66 + $5.07 + $2.07 - $.12 = $9.18

- the $10 off frozen food coupon = $.82!!!!!! Amazing, isn't it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment