Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Veggies Galore!


It's smack-dab in the middle of summer and gorgeous vegetables and fruits are available at my local farmers market. I love it so much! I found some beautiful looking brussel sprouts and decided to try a new recipe that I had seen a picture of on Pinterest. There wasn't a recipe included with the picture, but it was only two ingredients, Brussel Sprouts and Bacon. We grilled them on the grill and they were pretty good! I think next time I'll brush them with something sweet like maple syrup or something. Or maybe just use maple bacon?


Brussel-Bacon Skewers

A bunch of large brussel sprouts
Bacon
Olive Oil (for brushing)
Coarse Salt

-Wash and trim brussel sprouts
-Parboil sprouts in water on stove for 10 minutes or so. The bacon will burn before the sprouts are done if you don't do this step!
-Thread a piece of bacon onto the skewer. Add brussel sprouts so that the bacon threads around the sprouts
-Brush with Olive Oil and sprinkle with salt
-Grill for 15 minutes until soft
-Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment