Monday, September 25, 2017

Chicken in a Bacon-Cream Sauce

Is there anything better than bacon? I say no. Just give me ALL the bacon! This gluten free chicken recipe is high fat, low carb and awesome! I loved it, even the leftovers. I'm not a huge leftover fan but this was great the next day. I paired it with some spinach and a couple of Trader Joe's broccoli-cauliflower patties. Yum!

Chicken with Bacon-Cream Sauce


For the chicken

1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast- sliced
2 T grated parmesan cheese
1/4 cup tapioca or arrowroot starch
1 egg
Fry oil (any kind you'd like. I used olive oil because that's all I had in the house!)
salt and pepper, to taste

For the sauce

3-4 slices of bacon, thick cut
1/2 cup half n half
2 T sour cream
2 T grated parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp garlic powder
salt and pepper, to taste


1. Combine Parmesan, tapioca starch, and salt and pepper in a shallow baking dish. Slice chicken breast into strips (I find this easier when the breast is slightly frozen)

2. Dip each strip first in egg and then in Parmesan mixture. Fry in oil till lightly brown and thoroughly cooked inside. Drain on paper towel. Once cool, chop into small pieces and set aside.

3. Drain oil off pan. Fry bacon strip in same pan.

4. In excess bacon fat, whisk in half n half until bubbly.

5. Add in sour cream, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, and salt and pepper. Stir until slightly thickened. Add in chopped bacon and stir to combine.

6. Top chicken strips with bacon-cream sauce. Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment