Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Almond-Crusted Pork Chops

I grew up with a Mennonite recipe called Oatmeal Crusted Pork Chops and Applesauce. And a dad who always referenced Bobby Brady’s impression of Humphrey Bogart when my mom would make it (*rolls eyes*). But that’s a story for another day.


Here’s a Paleo spin-off of this quintessentially comfort food. Easy to make and easy on the budget too. I usually make them with boneless pork chops just because I don’t like eat around bones but you can use either. Bone-in pork chops are decidedly less expensive.


Almond Crusted Pork Chops

1 cup Almond Meal
1 egg, whisked
1 tsp garlic powder (or garlic salt)
1 tsp ground pepper
1 tsp Italian seasoning
4 Pork Chops (any variety that you prefer)
1 cup frying oil (I used olive oil as that’s all I had on hand)

  1. In large skillet, heat oil on medium-high heat.
  2. Combine almond meal and spices in one plate. Whisk egg in another.
  3. Dip pork chops first in egg and then in almond mixture. Place in fry pan and cook until no longer pink in center and golden brown, about 6-8 minutes each side.
  4. Serve hot with applesauce on the side (Although, as you can see, I did not serve them with applesauce! LOL)

No comments:

Post a Comment